The development of a successful mobile app’s design (UI/UX) is one of the most important aspects. Beautiful and pleasant screen designs, neat buttons, and appropriate visual effects bring out a user’s positive emotions and encourage them to return to the product time and time again.
The appearance of a mobile app is inextricably linked to the design of its user interface. Its straightforward and user-friendly structure ensures highly effective visual communication with the user. Design is concerned with more than just the appearance of an app; it is also concerned with how it functions.
We’ve already discussed the cost of mobile app development. Let us now discuss the prices charged for its design. Because this is a critical point, we will begin with the most important aspects.
How Much Does It Cost to Design an App in 2021
Why Is Mobile Application Design Important?
Each design is created to solve a specific problem. It makes no difference whether you are creating a design for a new product or redesigning an existing app; your goal will always be to solve a specific problem.
When a user launches an app, the design is the first thing he or she sees. A good mobile app design offers the following advantages:
It greatly simplifies interaction with the interface, making it more user-friendly; it converts users to customers at a higher rate; it enables users to achieve their goals faster and increases the rate of their involvement and returns; and it streamlines the development of the ideal product to meet the needs of the target audience.
These factors are critical from a business standpoint because product success is heavily reliant on them.
What Factors Influence the Cost of Mobile App Design?
The cost of mobile app design services is usually determined by the number of development stages. A customer may have independently analyzed the market and is familiar with their users, in which case they may already have a ready-made sketch and prototype that just needs some tweaking. Consider the most common scenario: when everything must be done from the ground up.
- Wireframing. is a type of framing that is made up of wires It all starts with a schematic framework design, which is a kind of app skeleton that shows the general functionality and appearance of the app without going into too much detail. As the developer and customer discuss the development, the framework becomes more detailed, eventually reaching the level of an interactive prototype.
While this may appear to be an expensive endeavor, prototyping actually saves your budget because the development team receives all of the data required to work efficiently. Because everything needed was already discussed during the prototyping stage, you only need to make a few changes.
2. Platforms of interest. Platforms such as iOS and Android differ in terms of behavior, navigation, and a variety of other factors. It is possible that you will need to create a product for both major operating systems at the same time.
Android must be compatible with a wide range of formats and resolutions. Apple has standardized everything. As a result, in the latter case, there are fewer screen sizes that require adaptation.
3. Several screens (functionality). Due to the required functionality and complexity of each screen, a user profile may have a different screen design than its app settings screen. Each screen appearance takes time to design. As a result, the more screens an app has, the more work hours the designer will put in.
The more features you intend to include in your future app, the more screens you will need to design, and the higher the cost of design services.
4, User experience design. At this stage, developers concentrate on how people interact with apps. Their structure, navigation, various statuses, and dialogues must all be refined. This stage involves creating an interactive prototype to test the user experience.
5. Animation and related processes. Animated elements and effects can improve usability, draw users’ attention, and entertain them. They can, for example, make interaction with the product more realistic. We have already written about the various types of animation in a mobile application, and we recommend that you read it.
Additional graphic elements, such as a set of icons, may also be required. Animation and other graphic elements take time to create and are charged separately.
6. The cost of designers’ work. Because the cost of services is evaluated differently in different parts of the world, work performed with the same quality but by specialists from different countries can vary greatly in price.
For example, a UI/UX designer’s hourly rate in the United States can reach $200 per hour, whereas the same quality of work from a Ukrainian specialist will cost $30 to $40 per hour.
7. Post-release care. Even after the app is released, some work on the design can still be done. Many design elements can be redeveloped or renewed after a product has been tested in real-world conditions and feedback from real users has been received.
If you already have ready-made frameworks or design materials, the work will be less expensive because you won’t have to start from scratch.
The cost of mobile app design services is determined by the number of hours worked by a specialist. The more complicated the app, the longer it will take to design and the higher the development budget. The table below shows approximate values:
These figures can be multiplied by the hourly rate of specialists in various regions:
- $10 to $20 per hour — India, Pakistan, Bangladesh
- $25 to $45 per hour — Eastern Europe
- $40 to $60 per hour — Western Europe
- $65 to $130 per hour — United Kingdom
- $150 to $200 per hour — United States.
As a result, depending on the design complexity and the developer’s hourly rate, mobile app design services can range from $1,500 to $30,000.
Additional time may be required to create app store icons, screenshots, and promotional materials.
How to Optimize the App Design Cost
There are several tried-and-true methods for lowering the cost of mobile app design services without sacrificing quality:
- Plan your work thoroughly. A well-planned and well-executed strategy is a tried and true way to save money.
- Employ Eastern European specialists. Find skilled workers in Ukraine, for example. When you work with Ukrainian UI/UX designers, you will find more affordable specialists as well as a variety of other benefits. The work will be much less expensive than hiring designers from the United States or Western Europe.
- Concentrate on the fundamentals. The more features you intend to implement, the more screens the designer will need to create and draw. As a result, we recommend that you postpone secondary functions until later.
- Employ professionals. A company with extensive experience and experienced designers will devote less time to each project. All processes will be carried out correctly, and each team member will be aware of their responsibilities. As a result, fewer man-hours mean lower required budgets.
- These are only four suggestions, but if you follow them, you will save a significant amount of time and money.
The quality of your product’s design can be critical to its success. As a result, it is unquestionably necessary to invest in its development. At the same time, you must understand that the cost of mobile app design services is determined by a variety of factors, and no one can provide you with an exact quote without first conducting an analysis.
We have shared the most important aspects for you to consider in our article. If you understand them correctly, you will have a good idea of the various factors that can influence the final cost. However, in order to make an accurate assessment, you must speak with the project owner in person and learn more about the project.
If you have an idea and want to create a APP that combines excellent functionality with an appealing design, please contact us. The Marcelo Design X team will assist you in putting your ideas into action!