Many businesses struggle to think of new and creative ways to increase website traffic. There is a lot of misinformation on the internet about how to attract more visitors, which can lead to repeating the same tired strategies and not seeing positive results.
If you want to increase website traffic in both organic and paid ways, here are ten tried-and-true methods.
How do I increase traffic to my website in the Caribbean?
1. Conduct Keyword Research
Include relevant keywords in your content at all times. Keywords should be used naturally, rather than being crammed into the content to the point where they detract from the main idea or distract the reader. Keywords should be used throughout the content, such as the meta description, page title, URL, headers, and a few times throughout the piece.
Keyword research tools such as Moz, Ahrefs, and SEMrush can be used. These sites display what keywords competitors are using, how frequently people search for keywords, how expensive the keyword is for pay-per-click ads, related keywords, and a wealth of other useful information to help guide keyword strategy. Hiring an SEO agency is another option, as they can provide valuable insights and perform audits to identify issues that may be preventing your site from appearing in search engines.
2. Develop Memorable Content
It is not enough to simply post content; you must also create content that is memorable and cuts through the clutter. In fact, one of the most effective ways to increase website traffic is to create useful and memorable content.
Google is used by people to find specific, thorough, and accurate answers to their questions, and your content should be there to provide those answers. In fact, websites that include blog content generate 434 percent more search engine-indexed pages than those that do not. Furthermore, sites that publish more than 16 posts per month receive nearly 3.5 times the traffic of those that publish zero to four articles per month.
The bottom line is that when you care about the content you create, post on a regular basis, and research what your audience wants to see, your web traffic should increase.
3. Submit Guest Posts
Guest posting on other websites is an efficient way to build backlinks, increase referral traffic, and improve search engine results page (SERP) rankings. To pitch, you should always conduct extensive research on websites in your industry.
To begin, examine a website’s content to ensure it is of high quality, as well as its domain authority and guest posting guidelines. In addition, ask the publication if they will promote the post on social media and tag you.
4. Maintain Active Social Media Pages
The importance of social media in attracting visitors cannot be overstated. Here are some examples of how it can be used to increase website traffic:
- Post content (blogs, e-books, white papers, infographics, videos, etc.) across your social media platforms
- Interact with followers by replying to them, reposting their content and tagging them
- Use relevant hashtags
- Update the link in your bio to promote new content when it comes out
- Change a cover photo to promote new content
- Tag influencers who may be interested in the content
- Include enticing information from the content to encourage people to click the link to it
- Reply to other people looking for answers with links to your content
5. Increase Website Traffic by Using Advertising
Paid search, social media, and display ads can all be effective ways to increase website traffic. Each option has advantages and disadvantages — for example, users can block display ads and the average cost per click for Google Ads on the search network is between $1 and $2 per click — so it’s critical to set budgets and goals before investing a lot of money into it.
For example, when running pay per click (PPC) ads, it’s critical to start with one campaign and a few different ad groups that contain the keywords you want to target the most. Once campaigns have begun, observe how audiences respond to various keywords. Perhaps one keyword produced only impressions, which did not increase website traffic, whereas another produced clicks and conversions.
6. Send out email newsletters
Content promotion via email newsletters is an effective way to increase website traffic. Here are some best practices for email marketing:
- Include enticing information from the content in the subject line and in the body of the email.
- Insert a link or button that subscribers can click to read more of the content.
- Make sure emails are mobile-friendly. Links should be easy to see, since 46% of all email opens are done on mobile devices.
- Employ personalization tactics by including the name of the subscriber.
- Make the email visually appealing with the use of well-designed templates.
- Conduct A/B testing to see which versions of emails receive more opens and clicks.
7. Outreach to Influencers
Influencers in the industry are eager to share content that their followers will enjoy. Businesses can reach out to influencers in a variety of ways, including:
- Tag the influencer in a social media post if your piece references their content or research.
- Ask the influencer for an interview/Q&A, then tag or email the influencer when the content is posted. They’ll likely share your content with their audience.
- Do a round-up with multiple influencers (i.e. “10 Experts Predict Small Business Trends for 2020”) and tag each of the participants when promoting the post on social media.
- Pay influencers to run sponsored posts on their social media pages.
If you’re not sure where to begin, use tools like HypeAuditor and BuzzSumo to find the right influencers in your industry, or contact a digital marketing agency that can handle influencer outreach for you.
8. Create a Useful Industry Tool or Content
Providing prospects with something useful is a great way to increase traffic. For example, at our content marketing agency, we developed an editorial calendar template that was available for free download to anyone. We wanted to provide marketers with a tool to help them create and share content more easily.
Create a variety of tools and content that will benefit others in your industry, and then make them available for free on their websites. You can maximize your returns and find new leads by posting gated content/tools (offering the content and tools in exchange for the user’s contact information). Another strategy for increasing website traffic is to promote the content/tools on relevant LinkedIn Groups or forums where industry professionals interact.
9. Distribute Press Releases to Important Publications
Businesses that create press releases to promote themselves or their clients should not simply post them on a press release syndication website and wait to see what happens. They must actively promote the release and distribute it to influential websites and publications in their respective industries.
When we want to share good news about a client, we send it to industry blogs and publications that their target audience reads. As a result, we are able to generate dozens of new leads and increase referral traffic for the client.
10. Trade Backlinks
There are numerous opportunities for backlink exchanges with so many businesses attempting to increase website traffic. Contact relevant sites and offer your content as an additional resource for one of their posts. To sweeten the deal, offer a mutually beneficial backlink exchange, offering to include one of their links in a post of yours as well.
That’s exactly what we did for Rainbow Muffler & Brake, one of our clients. For them, we wrote a blog post titled “The Essential Road Trip Checklist for Your Car.” We then used Pitchbox to find relevant websites and reached out to them to see if they wanted to promote our post.
The website WheelScene agreed to a backlink and social media post exchange, which resulted in an increase in views of 23,245 percent! Businesses that find the right partner for their backlink exchange can benefit greatly.
Increasing Website Traffic Right Now
Businesses that take these steps can expect to see an increase in website traffic over time. While many of these strategies provide immediate gratification, others will require more time and patience. Continue to push forward by experimenting with different methods and analyzing the results.