Right now you are wondering how this can benefit my business in the Caribbean or why is local search important in the Caribbean? Local search engine optimization is a branch of SEO positioning that focuses on optimizing a website found in local search results.
Local customers rely on the internet to find information on the products or services they need, so it’s time to take it seriously and gain visibility on search result pages.
A local search covers all those search terms, such as:
- Lawyers near me
- Agency near me
- Hotels near me
- Restaurants in (city name)
- Tourism in (city name)
- Real Estate in (city name)
- Painters in (name of the city)
Local SEO is a strategic process that focuses on emphasizing the optimization efforts of local brick-and-mortar businesses, that is, those that have the physical store as the sole protagonist of their commercial offer.
Table of Contents
Why is local search important in the Caribbean?
Here are some statistics that show how important local search continues to be for businesses:
- 50% of people who did a local search on their phone, visited a physical store in one day.
- 34% of those who did their search on a PC or tablet, did the same.
- 18% of local mobile searches lead to a sale within one day.
- 60% of the adult population searches for local services or product information on smartphones and tablets.
- 78% of local searches on a smartphone end in purchases made offline.
- 71% of people search for a business location to confirm its existence before going to visit it for the first time.
- 1 out of every 3 searches on a smartphone was made just before reaching a store.
- 97% of consumers searched for local businesses online in 2017, and 12% searched for a local business online every day.
- The online purchase driver is convenience (practicality, comfort, time savings …) followed by offer, before price.
- 1 of every 4 clients are defined as CLOTHING: they are informed online and they buy in a physical store.
Who benefits from local SEO and why?
Management agencies. When someone needs the services of an agency, the most usual thing is that the search be “agency near” or “agency near me». Most people want to find a nearby agency for the convenience of being able to quickly approach their papers.
Dealers. In most cases, the potential customer has a brand in the “top of mind”. However, it is usual to do a search to find “dealers in (city name)”. For the buyer, the proximity to his home is a highly decisive factor due to the importance of post-sale services.
Restaurants. These businesses make the most of local SEO by the immediacy of customer reviews and prevailing local address information on search engine result pages (SERPs).
Specialized medical services. When someone searches for a doctor, experience tells us that the search is a “doctor near” or a “doctor near me”. Most people do not want to travel to see a doctor for a common consultation.
Tourism. As we know, the Caribbean is one of the tourist sites for many foreigners due to the tropical climate and the great variety of tourist destinations it offers. So any business owner who doesn’t have their website at the top of the search engine rankings will be missing out on many potential customers.
Real Estate. Many people when they need a real estate agent, the first thing they do is make a local search with the name of the city where the client wants to make their new possible purchase.
If you’re self-employed, local SEO, when done right, favors your business to appear at the top of the search results for that location.
The better positioned your business is, the greater the probability that potential clients will call you requesting your services. Which translates into sales opportunities for your products or services.
This immediacy of information creates business opportunities for local businesses, and enables potential customers to access vital information in seconds.
What is the future of local SEO?
Experts agree that the future of SEO – if it is not already the present – is to give priority in search results to local companies best valued by users of a given location.
Current statistics, data and trends suggest that local SEO is heading towards a paradigm shift related to the boom in the use of devices such as smartphones or tablets, and the fever of hyperconnected speakers such as Amazon Echo or Google Home.
The future happens because this type of device implements higher quality, faster and improved algorithms to serve the user with relevant voice search results.
Google is always tweaking and updating its algorithms. It remains to be seen what will happen, but we hope it will help improve all search results.
Local SEO seeks to position your business in specific geographic areas and is essential if you have set yourself the goal of projecting a brand image, promoting differentiation and, of course, selling.
Rank your website in search engines with our SEO services today!
If you are interested in increasing the position of your website in the search engines, then check our available plans..