How to run ads efficiently on Facebook? We’ve come to recognize that Social Media is one of the most effective channels for businesses to identify qualified leads. Facebook is the most effective advertising channel, with its high click-through rates, impression volume, and conversion rates.
As you make heads or tails of Facebook ads, read our ultimate guide that has all the necessary information related to these small yet robust revenue generators and how you can use them to make a killer Facebook ad strategy.
Before turning to Facebook advertising, let us first understand why it is important, the different types of advertising platforms, and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Table of Contents
Top four reasons consumers use Facebook ads are:
As of today, Facebook has over 3.2 million businesses advertising on it. Its popularity has increased because of these four reasons:.
Data size: Facebook has over 1.13 billion active users on a daily basis, of which 1.03 billion use mobile devices to access it.
On average, people spend 50 minutes per day on social media, Instagram, and Messenger (The Guardian).
The decline in organic reach of a Facebook post has continued due to the recently made changes in Facebook’s algorithms. Ever since it introduced an algorithm that knits paid ads into its users’ feeds, Facebook has been all about pay-to-play social networks.
Facebook Advertising utilizes precise targeting categories like behavior, age, location, demographics, interests, gender, and so on.
Other types of Facebook ads
There are 11 different types of Facebook ads which provide users with versatile options to help a range of different businesses address a range of different problems. Here is some of the options available for advertisers.
- Boosts posts.
- Promoting page.
- Increase traffic to the host website.
- Improve conversion rates on the website.
- Install the Get app
- Increase app engagement.
- Target local audience.
- Increase event attendance.
- Get people to complete offers.
- Get more views on videos
- Garner will promote your business.
- The pros and cons of Facebook advertising.
- One final issue to consider before we examine Facebook ad strategy is the benefits and challenges of using it.
- Easily track campaigns
- Immediate traffic influx and ROI.
- Total surveillance of the daily budget
- Maximize Cost-per-sale.
- Advanced targeting options like demographics (age, gender, income, towns, regions, etc.)
- It helps target people who are at an early stage of purchasing, both beginning and seasoned shoppers.
- Uses of images and videos to play on people’s emotions to sell more things.
- CPC is low-priced (averaging up to $0.61 per click).
- Facebook advertising can be costly when it is set up and managed improperly.
- Based on your target market, most of your target audience may be irrelevant.
- Has no options to target ads within certain times during the day unless a monthly or a yearly subscription is paid.
- Fits for B2B but would also work for B2C.
- Gaining some traction with a potential audience early in the buying process can sometimes help lower the cost per conversion.
- Designing an Effective Facebook Ads Strategy .
- In this lesson, we will learn how to best define your strategy for Facebook ads.
Defining Your bid
Before deciding on a Facebook advertising strategy, figure out what your offer is. A good promo is determined by asking yourself what you want to accomplish, such as driving traffic, increasing brand awareness or downloads.
The goals and style of your advertisement would vary depending on whether it is online or offline. In order to have more people sign up for your newsletter, you may want to experiment with different lead generation tools. If you want potential customers to visit your retail store, then a promotion will work better than an advertisement.
Determine your specific business goals
Pick the kind of Facebook ad that aligns with it once you know your business objectives. To find more potential customers, a lead generation ad should be the goal. In order to maximize sales, having Store Visits would be best. Each of these examples illustrate how valuable it is to have personal goals before embarking upon a Facebook ad campaign.
How to measure the results
Prior to initiating your campaign, we encourage you to set your KPIs. Whether it is the number of sales you made, the total revenue you generated, or the total form submissions you got, measuring the results of an ad campaign will help you improve your future campaigns. The best way to measure the effects of the experiment is to insert a code at the end of the URL.
Copywriting for social media ads
Optimizing the image is the initial step to writing a fantastic copy for a Facebook ad. The image of the ad is responsible for 75-90 percent of the ad’s effectiveness. This is done to optimize image and text in an advertisement.
It is important to find multiple images and take all of them to the client for a final selection. Make sure to keep track of the results of each ad and pick the one that brings the most revenue.
Images on the photo
You should also pay attention to the messaging on your ad’s image in order to make sure the main key messaging is at least provided. Even though Facebook only allows 20 percent of the image to be text, how you place the text on the image and what text you put will be what matters the most in converting leads into sales.
The paper and the graphic
When creating the advertising copy, you first want to optimize the image text and then you create a compelling ad copy. The copy you create will be dependent on the needs of the target audience and whether they are at a later stage in the funnel. If it is top of the funnel, then having a copy that compels the person to down a report, sign up for a webinar or subscribe to your newsletter is suited the most to start a new relationship. If the ad targets the bottom of the funnel audience, however, the offer that will close the deal and increase sales will be to have a free trial or promo offer.
5 guidelines for writing attractively Facebook ad headlines
- Use an imperative form of the verb as the first word in the headline.
- Tell them why it’s important that they take the action on offer at the CTA. When using the “what” and “why”, you provide a vivid picture of the consequences of not acting.
- Avoid having multiple ideas in one article headline. The headline should be concise, yet the message very clear.
- Make the headline more eye-catching by using numbers and special characters.
- Keep it short and to the point by restricting it to five words, because only this approach, according to AdEspresso, will be effective.
Understanding the data I collected
Once you have begun your advertisement campaign on Facebook, you will be provided with a great deal of data and analysis. You can access the data by clicking on a particular ad set, or by clicking on a single campaign ad. By clicking on the heading, all the data provided by Facebook ads can be sorted and this data can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet using the Export button. The statistics for each set of data provide basic information such as delivery, cost, reach, relevance, and more to assist you making the decision to increase or decrease your advertising dollars.
Facebook ads are a great way to drive traffic from your campaign to your website or a targeted landing page created exclusively to get the best results. As you begin advertising on Facebook, you should outline your objectives, your value proposition, evaluating your results.
With a well-written ad, you’ll be able to derive maximum returns and become an authority on social marketing. If you’re new to advertising, then we recommend trying smaller ad campaigns with a small investment. As the saying goes, if one does not get an opportunity, it is missed. Your turn now.